Wednesday, July 30, 2008

One Last Thing...

While my parents were here we had another little houseguest....a salamander! Yes, we have had salamanders in the house before, but my parents have not. They looked slightly alarmed when I told them one had escaped out of Austin's bed before I could catch it and was running free in the house. That night before getting into bed my mom shook out her blankets just to be sure she didn't have an unwanted friend. :) The next day I heard a yell "LES! SALAMANDER!" and sure enough there was a little one. I caught it and put it outside. What I didn't tell her was that it wasn't the one I saw in Austin's bed! The one we caught was spotted. The one in Austin's bed was tan. :D And I haven't found him yet!

5 comments:

Randi~Dukes and Duchesses said...

Little geckos in the house are part of living in Texas, right? My kids like nothing better than finding little friends like that. I'll take those over six or eight-legged friends anyday!

amy said...

I'm so excited that the Hargus blog has PHOTOS now!! :) It looks like you had a great time with your parents - gotta get a lot of use out of that pool!

Julie said...

I hate those things, especially the see through kind. Freaks me out!
I caught one a few nights ago. You are much nicer to let them go free (I won't tell you what I do with them) :)

Amanda said...

Fortunately, we've not found one in the house -- yet! Plenty on the porch and in the yard, but none in the house.

Amy said...

That is so funny!