Wednesday, October 7, 2009

He's a Smart Little Boy

Ok, so after realizing that the little boy knows his letters and sounds I decided to let him watch LeapFrogs Word Factory dvd. Keep in mind that until today he has watched it a total of 2 times. After his bath today he says, "Hey mom, you know what 'w' and 'at' (he's saying the sounds those letters make), you know what word 'w' and 'at' make? he he! It makes "wat!" Dat's not a word!!" But the fact that he put the two sounds together and made a NEW word amazes me. I think he is going to be a smart one, too! I have too many smart kids. How lucky can one mama get!

On another note, we have the kids Scout Family campout this weekend. We are going to be smart this year and just go for the day. :) It will be a long day, but the kids will have fun. I know they would love to stay the night, but I know that I don't have it in me at the moment and I don't think Matt's up for that adventure at the moment either. We also have fundraisers going on that I am not a fan of yet I am thinking I ought to put a little bit of effort into it this year. I think I will go to my friends that 'swap' fundraising stuff with and see what we can do. argh! I hate the stuff! But I wonder if the kids would be bothered that they are not participating. I used to be a bit bothered by not participating when I was younger. I think we'll ask a few people and see what we come up with.

No comments: