Saturday, December 20, 2008

Words that Rhyme

Austin is interested in words that rhyme lately. I am surprised as none of the other kids ever showed interest in that at such a young age. I think he is interested because he hears Ethan and Emma rhyming words. For example, (and picture this, he usually shouts out the words in the middle of a conversation you are having with someone else, and he won't stop until you have acknowledged him), 
"MAMA! MAMA! WHAT RHYMES WITH CAT? UMMM, SAT, AND HAT, AND MAT! THEY RHYME WITH CAT!" After he warms up with an easy one, next comes the hard one...or so I think. But for Austin? Nope, he's got it covered. 
"MAMA! MAMA! I SAY, MAMA! I AM TALKIN TO YOU! MAMA! WHAT RHYMES WITH CHRISTMAS TREE? I KNOW! MINI ME! AND I GOTTA PEE! DAT RHYMES WITH CHRISTMAS TREE!" Yup, you got it. Never would've thought of those ones. Way to go Austin! 

2 comments:

amy said...

Too hilarious!

Grandma Debbie said...

He is just so cute, and smart!!!

love ya all