Sunday, January 4, 2009

Raking, It's Good for What Ails You

You know, I really do enjoy raking....as long as the space is not the size of Grandma Debbie's yard. ;) I just finished raking our front yard and I am sufficiently tired. Matt did part yesterday, I did part earlier today and then had a nap. Just finished up. My arms and hands hurt, but it's the good kind of hurt. It's the get-your-heart-pumping-I'm-using-muscles-I-never-knew-I-had-burn. Raking is great in that there is immediate gratification. You have a messy yard and as you rake it up it looks better and better. Oh, and if you're wondering, the high temp today was 44F. But it felt more like the high 40s. And yes, we should have done this in the fall, but that didn't happen then. That was when Matt was recuperating from working crazy hours and everyone was sick. Our grass is looking a little ill at the moment, but it will perk up when it warms up again. We have bare spots, but thankfully St. Augustine grass has runners and will eventually fill in those spots. Might take a couple of years. That's ok. I'm not worried about it. Hope the neighbors aren't bothered by our poor grass! ;)

2 comments:

Aim said...

I totally agree. When your a mom it's a wonderful feeling to do something and have it STAY DONE!

A Touch of Tabitha said...

Leslie,

What a beautiful blog you have! I love it! Thank you for stopping by my blog and leaving your nice comment. I hope you have a wonderful night. Thanks so much!

Crystal